Our COVID-Safe Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Information obtained from the World Health Organisation 11/3/2020
This Policy and Procedure is in relation to the prevention of the current global
Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Pride Disability Services primary concern is the health and well - being of the participants, staff and any other services we may link with and being committed to keep all updated and informed of the current situation of this virus.
Pride Disability Services Pty Ltd immediate strategy:
- We are monitoring the situation daily and making sure the business is fully prepared to react to any confirmed cases in our office or in the community to which we work in.
- We are ensuring you be armed with all the support you need to provide a safe working environment, whilst working with local authorities and following local guidance.
- We will regularly sanitise high-frequency touch points like doors, door handles, common areas, meeting rooms, shelves, glass panels, kitchen cupboards and furniture to minimise risk.
Pride DS’s duty of care is to reasonably and practically ensure the health and safety of staff and Candidates in determining the workplace is:
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Safe systems of work
- Adequate facilities for welfare of our staff
- Information, instruction and feedback
- Ongoing monitoring of workers and participants’ health and the conditions of the workplace
Pride Disability Services Pty Ltd are requesting that staff contact the Operations Manager - if:
- they are displaying signs and/or symptoms such as respiratory symptoms. fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19
- if anyone in their environment has tested positive to COVID-19
- or if they personally have tested positive to COVID-19
Pride Disability Services obligation are then to inform the respective organisations regarding the employee’s exposure or positive testing to COVID-19.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
We thank you for adhering to our interim mitigation strategies and please call the Operations Manager from Pride DS for any matters in relation to this.
Australian Government Department of Health
A collection of resources for the general public, health professionals and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19), including translated resources.
The phone number of your state or territory public health agency is available at;